Tuesday 20 February 2007

CPH Central Park Hoodie



I saw 2 of these completed on the Crafty Yarns & Threads forum & decided I had to get one too. As we all know, the pattern is from Knitscene Fall 2006. Mine is in Sirdar Donegal Tweed DK shade Oatmeal. I learnt that this knits up to an aran tension on 5mm pins. I didn't do a swatch, I just started knitting & it does indeed, knit to aran tension!

All pieces knitted, just about to graft the hood. Grafting the toes of socks takes all the concentration I can muster up, I can feel this bit going pear-shaped before I even begin!





Well, I did it. I didn't realise that grafting leaves an annoying one stitch difference when completed, but as DH would say, no-one will notice it from the M5!
All done, just waiting for buttons from an ebayer who's sent the wrong size! I'll post up the finished piccy when it's all ready!

2 comments:

SueBee said...

I love this wool! Can I ask how many balls it took to make whatever size you knitted?I have 10 balls in the same oatmeal shade.
Thanks! Sue

Jo028 said...

Sue, I used all but a few scraps of the 500g. if you look at the post showing it completed, you'll see I made some mods to it too. Thanks for visiting my blog.