Tuesday 9 January 2007

Hobbycraft

I've heard rumours that Hobbycraft is a great place to pick up an knitterly bargain. So, I drove the 10 miles into the unknown territory of Wolverhampton & guess what, barely a bargain in site. Just a few skeins of Rowanpun 4ply was all they had at what I'd call cheap (49p each). I managed to find a pattern for my dd (no mean feat when they were all piled up in no particular order I've honestly seen tidier knitting patterns at the charity shop, what a mess.) only to find it was just 49p too. "Were there any more you wanted" enquired the cashier. Yes loads, but how does anyone know they're 49p & which ones exactly are reduced, she had no idea.

Feeling brave, I headed into the city centre & had a mooch in Beatties, now this was more like it, but I was about a week too late for their sale. Loads of Rowan at half price. I figured that the limited colours left must be the dross of their range, so didn't bother. But I did get a pile of current Sirdar patterns that were just 5p.

Progrees is good on the Bigga jacket, collar done, not as bad as I was expecting. Can't wait to finish it & get onto the next thing. I'm a really strict knitter & refuse to start another project until the current one is completed.

No comments: