Sunday 7 January 2007

Venturing into Blogland

Well, this a new thing for me. I read lots of blogs & thought I'd join the happy band of knitterly bloggers. I'll be mostly whittering on about knitting, current projects & stuff. I'll try to keep it updated.

I don't have a cat I'm afraid. If it's an unwritten blog rule, then I just broke it. I've toyed with the idea of getting one to photograph wrapped in my prjects as bloggers do, but I really don't 'do' pets, so I'll have to make do with dd's cuddly one!

I made these socks for myself straight after Christmas. Regia Sierra in shade Ethno. Xmas pressie off ds3. In fact I'm wearing them today. I also have glittens to match, there is a mitten top hidden under there somewhere.





I treated myself to some Noro silk garden lite & last week made Argosy from Knitty.com winter issue. It's all blocked & ready to wear/photograph.

The current project is a cabled jacket from Womans Weekly knitting & stitching special. One of the worst patterns I've ever worked from, badly worded, strange abbreviations. Started this on Thursday night & finished all the pieces by yesterday. Dreading the collar, 'cause the instructions for it are pants too! The weatherman says we're getting a cold spell later this week so I need to get it ready for snuggling up in.

No comments: