Monday 19 November 2007

Recent Stuff!

I am still here, but I've been bitten by the Ravelry bug! I had my invite for over a week before deciding to log-in & see what the fuss was all about. I totally get it now, what a time-sucker it is too. I've started to list my stash & after 118 entries, I'm still not done. It's a bit scary to see it all detailed in one place when it's scattered around my house to make it look smaller, I won't even bother with the single odd balls that aren't sock wool!

I finished my Inca Zip Jacket while Rogue was blocking. I just managed to get it under my zipper foot so I machined the zip in. I wore it at the weekend & it's really cosy. Thanks to Littleberry (have a look at her lacework, it's gorgeous) for coming to my aid with the 2 extra balls I needed.

I wanted a 'mindless' knit after making Rogue, so I dived into the stash & came out with 4 balls of Sublime Angora Merino. This is the Big Wave Scarf from the Sublime Merino book. I made it longer than stated - 68" instead of 58". I wore it yesterday to keep the chill out, it's lovely & warm. It was flippin' snowing ALL DAY here in Brum yesterday, but it's thawed now, much to he kids' disappointment.

I've got a new knit on the go (I'm hopelessly addicted I'm afraid). This one is the Ribby Turtleneck sweater from Patons Weekend Knits. I'm using Patons Zhivago as I seem to have a rather alot of that *blushes*. It's a gorgeous purple, Cadbury's purple is a good description, yum, I love the feel of this yarn.


I've just finished the 9" of 4x2 rib for the front. I love the look of rib, but what a nightmare it is to knit on 3.75mm! Hope to get this finished this week - Ravelry permitting :)

5 comments:

Janey said...

Your Inca is fabulous!

And great to see you on Ravelry! You waited a whole week to log on?? You must have great self control!

Seahorse said...

Inca looks great - and another zip! I'm impressed!

Lovely scarf and the sweater will be gorgeous in that purple.

blog-blethers said...

I LOVE Inca!! Absolutely fabulous and perfect for this time of year. It's on my 'to do'list now having lusted after yours - and I've now found a lovely woman who will sew zips in for me at my LYS:)

dreamcatcher said...

More great FOs, the jacket looks fab!

Liz said...

Wow, lovely big waves scarf. And the zip sewing in is so neat on that jacket!

I have lost days on ravelry, there should be a health warning for families to expect no dinner if ravelry is on the screen!!!! (for days!!)