Saturday 3 November 2007

Rogue Hoodie the Finished Object!

Yaaayyyyy, Rogue is finished!!!

I put it on today for the 'photo-shoot' & decided to keep it on :)

I blocked it, sewed on the sleeves then seamed them. The pattern says to sew the sleeve seams then join them on, that sounded fiddly, so I joined & then seamed.



I've decided I like it with the curly hem & have the option of turning it up if I change my mind.



The hood is a little bit short for my swan neck!


The hood needed some surgery (more key-hole than open-heart!) to get it to lie flat. P3tog tbl & SSSK do not give a good look or finish, there must be a neater way (note to self- explore this further before making another!)


The cabley goodness of the hood!



Gratuitous hood graft pic. Thanks to Pumpkin Mama for sharing her Rogue Hoodie Grafting Cheat sheet. It's pure genius BUT don't sit down to start it at 11.30pm whilst watching TV, it needs 110% concentration!



This is nearer to the actual colour, it's darker than those pics shown above

I spent 15 days actually knitting it, then blocking, surgery & finishing took another 3 days. I used Addi 5mm for the main body & bamboo 5mm & 5.5mm for everything else. Using odd pins has prevented it from rowing out & achieved the same tension as the body. Made to the pattern with just 4 extra rows for the sleeves, the body shaping sits nicely on my waist, which is unusual for my long bod! All in all, a very enjoyable knit & I've overcome my fear of cables & charts. I'd iron out the pattern niggles previously mentioned, if I made it again.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Wow!! That is absolutely gorgeous! I bet you will wear it loads. Look at those lovely cables and the hood. I love it!

dreamcatcher said...

Rogue looks fabulous! Thanks for your comments on the vagaries of the pattern too. I had to look up the term "rowing out" as I wasn't sure what it referred to, but yes using the different sized pins seems a good solution!

Joy said...

I love the colour of your Rogue - it looks fab :-)and the cables are greart.

franney said...

I l;urve your Rogue, it's gorgeous :o)
So, the hood is grafted?? You'd never know, your knitting and grafting is SO tidy!

Put a Sock in it said...

What a fabulous job you've made! Gorgeous!

Seahorse said...

Fab! I am very jealous!!! :D

murdo said...

I really adore your Rogue...one of the nicest I've seen and boy does it suit you!!!

blog-blethers said...

Rogue is just stunning and what a fantastic colour you've used!

gilraen said...

I don't know how I missed this, but it's all my loss until now!! Yours is the first Rogue I have 'swooned' over, it is fabulous and I adore the colour. You look fantastic in it Jo BTW :D