Thursday 25 October 2007

Rogue Hoodie Day 10

The last time I knitted with so much excitement (sad, I know) was making my first pair of socks. I really can't put this down. I was up til 1.00am last night catching up as I was out all day & then was wide awake at 6.45am raring to go again while the kids were in bed! I've started the hood today & have managed 20 rows. This is how it looks as of now:



I tried it on & I actually like it with the hem & sleeves curling, I might not turn the hem under. The attaching of the kangaroo pocket is genius, I've never heard of ssk'ing 2 pieces together before :)

I've decided that a better description of the colour is peacock rather than teal.

Close-up of the neck:

There are a few niggles in the pattern that I would change next time. This is what I've found so far:

Page 12 -On the right side of the neck, the pattern has make 2 purlwise, as they're made on the wrong side & purled on the next row, they should be made knitwise.

Page 12 - The centre neck st is left on a holder, the instructions later tell you to just sew it in to get rid of it. I'd knit it in with the last row to make a neater finish.

Page 8 -2nd size, the pattern says to pick up 21 of the 23 cast off sts for the hood & then you have to increase 2 on the first row, so just pick up the 23 to begin with.

It would be nice to have confirmation of final stitch numbers when finishing a process, rather than 'leave remaining sts on holder/bind off' etc.

Some close-up photos of the cables would also be beneficial.

Anyway, they're niggles that can be fixed & I'm still loving it & can't wait to get it finished.

One last thing that just amused me, Hipknits have launched a new range of chunky yarn named after my dd Emilia. My dh will never believe that she was named before the wool !!!!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Hoodie looks like its getting somewhere, love the ribbed cardigan with zip in that earlier post, it really suits you and great colour...but ribs like that would look pants on my short chubby body!

Linda said...

It is looking great, it is great to be excited about a knit isn't it!

Seahorse said...

Hmm! The woman who said she thought it was beyond her points out really good tips for future knitters? You underestimate yourself, missus!

Looking great, btw!