Wednesday 13 June 2007

Knitterly Update

Progress on the Ribby cardi is painfully slow. Here's me thinking I'll get loads done at the hospital...not a chance. I managed about 4" of one sleeve. 2 people saw me too, I was so embarrassed, as I've never knitted in public before. I'm struggling to pick it up each day, as cotton yarns & summer patterns are calling me & it's been too warm to knit this! Please give me a 'virtual' kick up the backside to get me going again! Here it as of today:

Some knitterly goodies arrived last week that I just have to share!!!

This is the Turchese Cotton from German ebay. I've been searching for 'Cadbury's purple' cotton & I've now got some. This stuff is so nice, I don't want to knit it, how stupid is that? It was delivered in these little boxes:


I'm hoping to get some of it knitted into these:


I've done my usual crazy trick & bought a ridiculous amount of the same yarn in different colours, just look at the state of this Patons Zhivago mountain from Kemps!!

I'm now the proud owner of the Zhivago pattern book from Oz. These are some of the beauties I love, I could happily knit them all, but surprisingly, I don't have enough of the wool!

and these 2...

Just 2 more...

I would've had some of the pink print Zhivago too, but those naughty ebay sellers beat me to it!

That's the lot, I've been really good & not ordered any yarn for, ooohhhh it must be about 9 days now LOL!

6 comments:

dreamcatcher said...

Ooh that's a fabulous haul, such pretty colours. I love the way yarn from the continent seems to arrive in boxes, my Lana Grossa did too. Thought it was a shoebox at first but it was printed with Lana Grossa too. Much nicer than plastic wrap! I love all the patterns you've got too.

Linda said...

I find it hard to knit in public too! You are doing well with it though, keep going! What a huge amount of the patons yarn! It must be good!

Seahorse said...

Put your Zhivago mountain with mine and we'd need Sherpas, lol!

I love the cotton colours you've bought.

Keep going with the Ribby Zippy - it's looking great!

Melody said...

Now you see I wish I'd got some of that Zhivago too :( I really like the purple, the fuchsia, the duck egg blue..... and I loved the raspbery ripple colour as well!

The yarn in boxes is just soooooo scrummy too, you wicked enabler, you... ;)

gilraen said...

Serious stash enhancements!! I'm looking forward to seeing some knitted items ;) :)

There is some beautiful colours there.......

Joy said...

Your colours are lovely, your patterns are fab too, and I LOVE the boxes!