Thursday 28 June 2007

New Stash!

I've been a bit naughty this week. We had to go to the Childrens' Hospital in B'ham yesterday. DD is half way through her 6 weeks in plaster & everything is how it should be :)

I had to check if the Rackhams sale had started...it had! I got his little lot:

Jaeger Aqua for just £1.00 per ball. I'm hoping to make strawberry smoothie from an old Simply Knitting magazine with the rose colour & the red one, I don't know yet. The books were just £2.00 each. I like a couple of designs in each so they were well worth getting. The sock wool is Regia Stretch at only £2.00/50g, I like bright sockies!

This is the Rowan Handknit cotton off Ebay. I was disappointed with the shade when it came & put it back in the bag in disgust. I've looked at it again today to photograph & it's growing on me. If I leave it a bit longer I might learn to love it & actually knit it up. It's shade 255 & is called scarlet:

There has been progress on the Zhivago Ribby Cardi. Here it is as of today:

Good job it's stretchy look how narrow it is! I've sewn in all the ends that I can for now. Just the collar to knit. It's made separately & sewn on. I've then got to find a zip to match, so that should be fun. I've decided, after trying it on, that it won't look right worn open due to the stretchiness, so the zip will be sewn in unstretched. Let's hope it works ok! I can't wait to get this one finished, so many things are yelling me to knit!!

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love the ribby cardi, let us know how the zip goes. :)

Seahorse said...

Very quick work with the cardi! I'm looking forward to a modelled pic, cos it's not the shape I'd have expected from the pattern!

Fab bargains - as ever!

belaybunny said...

Glad all is well with DD. You've got some lovely yarn there. And the cardi looks great, rather you than me with the zip though!! ;)

Janey said...

Lovely S.E.X!!! I'm very jealous!

Hope your DD is doing ok. Mine was also born with DDH and spent 13 weeks in a pavlik harness. Now she's just learning to walk and we are paranoid about her hips, watching for limps etc. Fingers crossed that all will be ok.

Your cardi is great...definately not one for me...it would show all my lumps and bumps off!

Joy said...

The ribby cardi looks fabulous, and I love the colour. I hope you zip along with it now!