Thursday 21 June 2007

One Heck of a De-Stash & Zippage Dilemma!

I've been ebaying like crazy for the last few weeks. I've had a quick count up & I've actually sold 15KG of yarn just in May/June. What's quite scary is that most of it wasn't stuff I'd logged previously on Craft-memo, so that means I've still got LOADS! I'd forgotten about most of it too. Fluffy yarn is officially DEAD. I've listed loads of it at a loss just to get rid. Why did I buy so much of it 2 years ago? No, I don't know either! I've even sold some Lorna's Laces sock wool on the forum as it was never likely to be knitted & I've still got 6 skeins I can drool over, I'll probably never knit them, they should be hung on the wall...hmmm I wonder if DH would agree that it's 'art' LOL! They look nicer in the skein, than on my feet, I think!!!!!!!!

I won some Rowan handknit cotton on ebay today, as the price went up, I was willing someone to outbid me & they didn't, so I hope it's a nice colour when it arrives. I'm hoping to make this jacket in it. I managed to go over 2 weeks without buying yarn :)

I've finished the back & 2 sleeves on the Zhivago ribby cardi. I've cast on both front pieces & am knitting a bit on each one, crazy idea, but it feels like they're growing quicker that way, my logic is a bit weird to say the least! I'm having a 'zippage' dilemma over this now. After reading on Grumperina's blog about zips, it's got me thinking...do I stretch it then add the zip or do I add it as it is.

I see problems with both:

If I fit it stretched -When I wear it open, will it 'bounce' up & pucker the zip??

If I fit it unstretched - When I wear it closed, will it pucker the zip??

What do you guys all think? I can see this getting buttons LOL!

I'm a bad blogger today & don't have any pics for you, I'll fix that for the next post!

4 comments:

Terri said...

I had been thinking about the same thing re Zips tbh, and haven't decided which way is best either!!
I think you need to stashalong LOL

Linda said...

I don't think that I would stretch to put the zip in, like you say, what if it puckers when open? You have done well with the destashing!

Joy said...

I can't imagine ever being brave enough for a Zip - I'd have to have a "professional" do it for me I think.

Your ribbed cardi looks lovely btw.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the Rowan Cotton but shame the price went up :-( And what a lot of nice yarn you've been getting!!