Saturday 28 July 2007

It's not socks!

Well, I'm cured (I think!) I've locked away my sock mojo until the August Sock-a-month challenge. Sock overdose is not healthy, well not in the quantity I had this month!

This is my new knit. I'm using some of the Fantasia dk from Hartmuths. I wanted something that would work with the yarn, yet still show the pattern, I think this is working! This yarn is lovely to work with too.



And here is the 5th & final pair (I promise) of socks for July:


Regia Surprise color. Not much of a surprise when you've already made a pair the same size!!

On the Teal Zip front, I've tracked one down from Zipperstop in the US. It matches exactly from their shade-card. They told me it would take 2 weeks for them to order it in, fine I told them. So what do they do?? Pick a 'similar' shade & send me that in the hope it will do GRRRRR! It's winging its' way back across the pond to be exchanged. Next time, I really will get the zip before I begin to knit! It's been so cold here, I want to wear that cardi!

DD had her Hip Spica taken off on the 18th & is whizzing around like a loon. I'm tempted to call the consultant & see if they can put it back on for a while, to slow her down :) She has a rather disturbing limp, which we're hoping is only temporary as they never mentioned a limp at all. We're back in on Wednesday 1st August so she'll be checked out then.

6 comments:

belaybunny said...

The cardigan is looking lovely. And very nice socks too, I think I may have a similar colour ;)

Seahorse said...

Good to hear DD is out of the spica. Hope the limp goes quickly.

I love the way that yarn is knitting up!

Cazzie said...

The Fantasia is looking great :D

Linda said...

Lovely top you are knitting! I hope DD is still doing great and whizzing around :)

Janey said...

So pleased to hear DD is out of the spica and enjoying her freedom!

Great knitting too!

blog-blethers said...

5 pairs this month!! WOW! Love the cardigan and the beautiful mutes green shade.