Sunday 30 September 2007

Recent Knitterly Activity

I've been having a love/hate relationship with Zipperstop since they told me my zips, ordered in June weren't available unless I wanted 12 of each colour. After many emails across the pond, they refunded my money (all of it, despite me already receiving half of my order!) So the search for a teal zip for my ribby cardi began again. Then, out of the blue came another email off Zipperstop to say they's sent the rest of my order anyway & they hoped I could still use it. So I ened up with 10 YKK separating zips for free. The current status of our relationship is BIG LOVE !!!! I've been dying to get this one finished as it's been knitted since June:



Modifications: I added length to the body as the 19" from the pattern would be like a bolero on my long bod. It's now 24" unworn. I also added a zipper placket (is that the right word?) as it was hard to sew the zip to the curling edge. I just picked up a stitch for every stitch & cast off on the wrong side. It made the job alot easier. I didn't want to hide the zip as this yarn has a bit of a fluff to it & I could see it getting caught.








I love everything about this & I'm thrilled with the zip colour, did I mention how much I love Zipperstop right now?















This bodywarmer is knitted in Sirdar Denim Chunky, it's Sirdar pattern 8458.


You'll have to envisage the buttons for now, I hate sewing buttons on. It must be something to do with involving a needle & thread, I much prefer needles & yarn :)







These are my September socks for the sock-a-month challenge. I've made a pair for every month so far, but not actually during every month. They're Ripple Socks from Sandi Rosner's book. The yarn is Lana Grossa Fantasy #4833.








I've got a thing for zippy cardis now I've overcome my fear of the Z I P. I started the one on the left yesterday:








I'm using Patons Inca & this is progress so far. Just enough cable to ease the boredom of the black.



*** editted for Auntie Noo. the ribby cardi is from Patons book 1252 Weekend Knits in their Zhivago yarn. ***

10 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

The zippy cardigan is just perfect - I'm in love!!! - I'm prob being thick, but what pattern is it??? It fits so nicely and looks fab!! - Did i say how much I like it????? :)

Linda said...

Fantastic knits and I love the zippy cardi !

Piglottie said...

I love the zippy cardigan! Its such a perfect fit, and zip :)

Seahorse said...

Zippy Ribby looks fab! Fits you perfectly!

Joy said...

I just love that zippy cardy - the teal is such a great colour.

Great body warmer too, I could have done with that while I was watching the rugby last week!! And lovely socks.

murdo said...

I'm with Auntie Noo on this, the zippy cardi is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Janey said...

Fab knits but my favourite is the bodywarmer! Get those buttons on it...half an hour of pain for hours of warmth wearing it!

belaybunny said...

I love the zippy cardigan, great colour. And the body warmer is lovely too, we'll all be needing one soon!!

dreamcatcher said...

The ribby cardi is superb, such a good fit!

gilraen said...

Oh this is fabulous, I love the colour on you!!!

Perhaps a few of us could get a 'bulk order' of those lovely Zips? :D