Thursday 5 April 2007

Ivy Progress

Here she is, all ready for sewing. I finished the ties for this on Tuesday & boy did my fingers ache afterwards!!! I've never blocked anything before sewing up so, hopefully I got the pieces all the same size! These were taken at night, it's not quite as dark as the pics suggest. Hoping to start sewing up today, now it's all dry.




For anyone pondering on the instructions for the fronts, here's what I did. I had 3 columns on a sheet of A4, headed up - front decreases, front increases, sleeve decreases. I then went through the pattern & wrote down the row numbers under the relevant column, that each inc/dec would appear on. On the same page, I also wrote down the twisted rib instructions for the 10sts, so I had those to hand aswell. That way, I only had to glance across each column to see where I was at, it worked for me!! I also had 2 row counters going, one for the total row count, the other for the twisted rib sets of 6!

I've been itching to cast on the Martha cardi, but I want to get this out of the way first & I needed to give my achey fingers a day off!


No comments: