Monday 30 April 2007

Zip-Along

I've been merrily working away on the zip-along that Melody posted about on the forum. I used Sirdar pattern 8830 & used 3 x 100g balls of Sirdar Spree. I've never inserted a zip in my life & found Chicknits Zipper Tuturial invaluable.

Here we go, all ready...

Front edges basted together with waste yarn:

Zip pinned in position, needed a bit of 'tweaking' on the right sides to get it in the correct position:

The zip is now tacked into position:

Finished! I spent about 2 hours altogether including the hand-stitching. I've since been out & bought a new machine as mine was donkeys years old & has completely died (probably due to neglect!)


And here is the happy recipient, my 3yr old. As long as her knits are pink, she's generally very happy!


4 comments:

Joy said...

Oh fabulous Jo - what a lovely little girl you have, she's gorgeous, and great photos of the zip too.

Seahorse said...

Looks great! Nice to see it all stage by stage.

belaybunny said...

that's gorgeous, and what a happy little model!! Better not let my DD see that ;)

gilraen said...

Wow! She is angelic! Lovely jacket :)