Thursday 26 April 2007

Martha & me!

Here she is, all ready to wear, this was taken indoors, so the colour is not 'true'.

I dug out my best (only) frock for these shots, dh has told me to get a professional photographer next time, as I'm too picky! This is more like the real colour:

I lengthened the cuffs by 1" & worked less straight rows to compensate, as I liked the longer lacy bit! I pinned the points out on the lacy bits & I'm pleased with how they now lie flat.



I found the little buttons at my local indoor market, a snip at just 15p each!

7 comments:

Melody said...

Martha is absolutely gorgeous Jo!The buttons are beautiful too. Well done, and on your zip-along project too *wink*

Linda said...

That is beautiful. Those buttons were a good find and go really well! At least you have a dress, I had to borrow one off my sister last summer ...must stop buying wool and get a dress!!!

Seahorse said...

It's lovely - really suits you too!

gilraen said...

Beautiful! :)

It looks lovely on you and all your 'pickiness' makes for lovely pictures :)

I wish I had access to a market with buttons as lovely as those. :)

dreamcatcher said...

Martha is lovely, and really does suit you :-)

belaybunny said...

Gorgeous, and what lovely buttons!! The colour is so nice.

Joy said...

Martha looks beautiful Jo and I love the buttons! The style really suits you. And as for photographers, Mr A might be available - on the other hand you may well think Mr J isn't so bad after all..............