Saturday 26 May 2007

Bamboo & stuff!

I've just finished Badia from Berroco. I used Wendy Pure Bamboo I got from Spinning A Yarns closing down sale, another of my bargainous purchases (I only have that type!!). I started a knit-along on the forum, but I think it turned into a knit-alone LOL! I made the second size, this stuff knits up really stretchy!

It also knits up a bit darker, it's like getting a can of emulsion home & remembering that it dries darker than the shade card!!


A headless modelled shot:


I wasn't sure about how deep the neckline was at the back, I just followed the pattern, but I think it's fine now it's on:



A nice 5 day knit. I love this tank AND it's machine washable too!

Well, I've set myself a Bank Holiday challenge. I honestly started this yesterday (Friday 25th May 07!) & hope to have it ready by the end of Monday 28th, wish me luck! Here's progress so far, looks like I'm in for a few late nights/early mornings:




The yarn is Sirdar Calypso Cotton DK. Found lurking in the bargain bucket for £1.00 a ball in my LYS! She didn't have the blue Luxury Soft Cotton in stock, this is the exact same colour as the photo, despite what the picture is trying to tell you! I have a thing about ribbed stuff at the moment, god knows why, what a pain they are to knit!

I've finally sewn the ribbon onto the lilac cotton bolero, piccie soon, when dh isn't at work!

5 comments:

Seahorse said...

Good luck with the challenge.

Badia is great - fabulous colour.

gilraen said...

Scrumptious!!!! I just love that yarn............I will have to look for a bargain in it too :)

Joy said...

I hope your challenge is successful - and I LOVE Badia, such a lovely colour.

Saleknitter said...

Badia is beautiful. What a difference a color makes! The blue looks so much better that the taupe color featured on the Berroco site.

May I ask what length your straight knitting needles are?

Jo028 said...

Thank! My pins are Brittany Birch 5.5mm 14".