Tuesday 29 May 2007

Bank Holiday Challenge - DONE!

Well, better late than never, my Bank Holiday challenge top is ready. It would've been ready sooner, but I had some stuff to pack & post that I sold on ebay over the weekend.
I used just under 7 balls of Sirdar Calypso cotton.

I made the 36" size, I was dubious, as the completed measurement is only 28" unblocked & it says it stretches to fit! And, much to my surprise, it does...

I added an extra button to ensure it closed without gaping! They were a freebie from Wolle-Hartmuth with a wool order :)



The lacy part is an easy 2 row pattern, I added an edge stitch to make sewing up easier.

Even DH, said (in a surprised tone) "ooohh that's nice!!" Bless him.


I've got some scrummy new wool to show you, but I didn't get to take a piccie in the daylight, so I'll do it tomorrow.

10 comments:

Melody said...

Ooh Jo I do like that top! It looks much better on you than on the pattern piccie.
I have a thing for ribby stuff at the moment too, and I HATE knitting rib. Why??!!
And well done for completing the top during a Bank Holiday weekend - my Bank Holiday challenge went horribly wrong last month due to some unforseen sewerage work and two very long ribbed ties :?

Love Debs xx

Linda said...

Your top looks lovely, and all your other knits. The vintage top came aout really well, and the bamboo one is great!

Seahorse said...

That's really lovely and beautifully made, as ever!

You have a head! Really nice to see you!

belaybunny said...

*waves* And that's a lovely knit too.

T said...

That's lovely, suits you really well and I adore the colour. And now I've seen Badia I really want that, lol.

gilraen said...

No wonder he said that it's georgeous, and a perfect fit. :)

Anonymous said...

Those two new tops are stunning Jo!! Really quick knitting ;-)And yooohoo - nice to see you *waves*

dreamcatcher said...

The Badia tank and this top are both gorgeous!

Joy said...

That's a beautiful top Jo, I love the colour and it suits you perfectly :-)

Mary said...

Looks smart, sexy and NOT handknit! Well done!